We have decades of experience behind them in the fields of planning and stress analysis in general. This experience has been acquired through joint projects with major engineering companies.
We are able to work on a wide range of plants (power, chemical, oil and gas) and on numerous aspects of plant planning, including carrying out checks on existing equipment and structures in cases where they show signs of breakage or potential instability.
Our experiences allow us to offer valid support when checking documentation which is produced as part of the planning stage.
Tel. (+39) 02 220.127.116.11/12
Our team of staff is made of plant technicians with vast experience, coming from the major Italian engineering companies. They got together and created a group able to meet the demands of development of engineering for onshore and offshore petrochemical plants. The team supports Customers throughout the project starting from the layout viability until the preparation of shop drawings for isometrics, supports and steel structures ancillary. Among the plants we have developed we can highlight those for heating oil refinery furnaces. For such projects we have carried out also the stress analysis activity for internal and external lines, the piping assembly development, isometrics, bills of materials and the specifications of the supports for burner supply lines, product input lines, transfer lines and decocking lines.
The field surveys are an integral part of our business. They are carried out mainly by laser scanner: this cutting-edge technology provides a result which can be integrated with modern 3D design technologies.
The software most commonly used for design are Autocad 3D®, CADWorx®, PDS, etc. For the laser scanning we rely on technologies provided by Leica, a company of the Hexagon® group of which we are a partner.
- Plant layout and P&ID
- Surveys by laser scanning and reverse engineering
- Isometrics and related MTO
- Development of piping and equipment building plans
- Piping, equipment and structure 3D design
- Three-dimensional modelling from point cloud
Our experience in the machinery sector focuses in particular on the following activities:
- Engineering involved in the construction of machines for the iron and steel industry featuring hydraulic and pneumatic movements, including the fitting of gear motor, chains, piston rod, oil-pressure and pneaumatic cylinders.
- Machine used to load and unload products for rolling mills (sla, blooming, bilet, etc), lifting and moving frames, ramps, wheels, etc.
- Stacking and destacking machines used for accumulated material as well as conveyor belts, shore unloaders, continuous shi unloaders, bridge cranes, machines for the iron and steel industry.
Our Piping System Design is one of the main engineering activities that we carry out in the field of plant creation and stress analysis is one of the fundamental activities in the process of piping planning, through which the necessary parameters for guaranteeing the safety of piping and pressure equipment are provided. The aim of stress analysis is to prevent tube failure, in order to keep tension levels below the safety limits established by calculation codes and regulations currently in force. Our technical staff mainly uses Hexagon Caesar II® and Bentley Auto Pipe® software
Along with stress analysis checks, our company prides itself on its vast experience in defining and dimensioning support for plant tubing
Structural checks on finished parts through the use of software of both mechanical components and more complex structures. Checking procedures for pressure vessels in accordance with EU, ASME and API regulations
Structural checks on finished parts, checks on pressure vessels in accordance with EU, ASME and API 650 regulations.
Creation of basic and detailed engineering documentation for:
- Plant dimensioning
- PFD and P&ID development
- Component data sheets generation
- Creating of operating manuals
- Planning of electric, civic and industrial structures
- Tubing plans
PIPING MATERIAL SPECIFICATIONS
We are able to develop line specifications taking into account the requirements of ASME, European EN, and JIS regulations
Thanks to close collaboration with a major company operating in this sector, we can undertake thermographic, noise and vibration surveys
ELECTRO AND INSTRUMENT ENGINEERING
RAMCUBE offers electrical instrumentation engineering services, both in terms of automation and control, to be used in the designing of systems exposed to medium- and low-tension environments, including the relative plant design. This also includes all instrumental and automation systems which are required for controlling and regulation plants:
- Electrical load charts
- Issuing of power consumption charts
- Calculations and dimensioning of plant earthing
- Calculations and dimensioning of electrical circuit protection devices
- Calculations and dimensioning of electrical wiring
- Lighting calculations
- Single-wire and functional diagrams
- Technical data sheets relating to electronic equipment
- Assembly drawings and plans detailing power usage, wire and earthing current paths
- Electrical cable network drawings
- List of tools and valves
- Technical data sheets relating to tools and valves
- Assembly drawings and instrumentation details, junction boxes and tubing plans
- Typical assembling tools (hook-up)
- Cable network and junction box drawings
- Issuing of wiring diagrams
- List of electric and instrumentation cables
- Materials list
- Specific technical purchases
- Specific functional details of automation and control systems
- I/O lists
- Elaboration of automation and regulation logic diagrams
- Building supervision and assistance
MATERIAL DATA MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Our company is able to supply specialized resources and specific software applications for the collection and management of plant data and documents.
- Management and planning of engineering documentation
- Interface with and support to the project teams for all the monitor and control activities of the works in progress
- Protocol of all technical documentation
- Paper and computer filing of the documentation
- Project cost control and planning
- Vendors’ data collection relating: TAG, models, spare-parts, operating instructions, maintenance instructions and technical documents (data-sheets)
- Control and qualitative analyses of the data collected
- Creation of technical database preparatory to the activities of plant production and maintenance
- Generation of a plant data book
- Computerized transfer of the collected data to the Customer’s IT systems via: identification of data and structures to be transferred, format and template specification for data and document transfer, implementation of a file storage for sharing, managing, controlling, downloading and retention of data and documents